Monday, November 19, 2012

on a holiday-induced high

I absolutely love this time of year!  Even though I'm still struggling to get used to having three kids, and it's getting dark earlier every day, I am on a holiday-induced high.  I love getting together with family on Thanksgiving - eating all day and then playing games in the afternoon.  The kids play so nicely with their cousins.  It feels like a mini-vacation for us. 
And then there's Christmas.  I am in love with Christmas.  I look forward to it all year.  And then, the day after Christmas, I start thinking about next Christmas.  I think the reason I like this holiday so much is that it gives us an excuse to have extra family get-togethers. 
This year, I am excited to see Naomi's reaction to her first Christmas.  I'm sure she will love the twinkling lights, and try to eat her fair share of wrapping paper.  I will enjoy opening girl-themed gifts and taking a million pictures of her in a fancy-schmancy Christmas dress. 
The boys will so much fun because of their contagious enthusiasm.  They love opening the advent calendar every day, receiving stockings on St. Nichoas Day, and playing with their cousins during family get-togethers.  I love that Caleb asks so many questions about why Jesus came to earth to die for our sins.  He keeps reminding us of the true meaning of Christmas.
I could go on and on about Christmas, but right now I have a little boy who won't nap. 
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Heather! What a pleasant surprise to read a post from you!

    ReplyDelete