Monday, November 26, 2012

back to list-making

I've decided that if I'm going to blog somewhat regularly, it has to be in list form.  That is just the way I think, so here is a holiday list:  (remember I'm still on a holiday-induced high!)

1.  I'm thinking about doing a December Daily album this year.  Basically, you take a picture every day in December and put it in a little album with some journaling (and, of course, some cute embellishments).  It's a great way to document traditions, and I'm sure my kids would love looking back on it when they are older.  I think about doing this every year, but then I chicken out and tell myself that it's too hard to take a picture every day.  Pathetic.  So, this year I'm gearing up to do it!  I'm even going to start the album early so I just have to stick the picture on and write a little bit.  Easy-peasy.
2.  I'm so excited about our Christmas cards this year.  I've discovered the cards that have a picture on them AND let you write on them.  I wanted to do a Christmas letter this year, but all I had to do was type a paragraph and a few highlights of our year, and I was done! 
3.  I can't wait to dress my kids up for the holidays.  Especially Naomi.  She is too young to have an opinion, so I get to put her in whatever I want.  I'm going to enjoy every minute of dressing her up until she gets old enough to care.
4.  I'm REALLY excited about my birthday.  Even though it's close to Christmas (Dec 5), we always celebrate it.  I'm not too thrilled about turning 33, however.  It makes me wonder how soon I will want to ignore my birthdays...
and 5.  I got an early birthday present the other day - a beautiful scarf from my friend Kim.  It is warm and soft and a little bit shimmery, so it is perfect for me.  I keep imagining it as an accessory to every outfit I want to wear this winter.  I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of it.
Well, Mark is home early from his elder board meeting, so I'm going to go hang out with him for a little bit.  Have a great week and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment