Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blog Your Heart

Well, after a little over a year, I have decided that it is time to get back to blogging.  I read Stephanie Howell's blog yesterday morning and it encouraged me to blog what was currently on my heart, so here goes:

1.  I am, for the most part, really enjoying my kids right now.  Being a stay-at-home-mom is a difficult job, but they have been making it so worth while.  Today, after Caleb refused to do his homework, I stopped him and asked him what was going on (he usually does his work without complaining).  He said that he had a hard day, and came over and gave me a big hug.  I just held him for a few minutes and rubbed his back while he let it all out.  I was so thankful we could get right to the heart of the problem and not just argue about silly things like homework.

2.  I am doing a ladies' Bible study at my church right now called, "Enhancing Your Marriage".  I am really excited about it!  It has been very in-depth so far.  I know I am going to come out of this Bible study having learned a thing or two!

3.  We have had ridiculously cold temperatures here, and I have a declaration to make:  I hate winter.  For those of you who know me well, this may surprise you.  I usually enjoy winter because it is the only time of year I am not warm, but not this year baby!  I'm done being freezing cold all the time!

4.  Our Life Group is starting a Bible study on peace.  You may think all I ever do is sit around and do Bible studies.  Anyway, it promises to be a good one.

5.  Mark and I redid my scrapbooking space!!  I will post pictures of the before and after in my next post.  It is absolutely wonderful and beautiful, and I have already finished 7 layouts in two days.  :)

6.  My mom is coming for a visit tomorrow.  She recently celebrated a landmark birthday, and I can't wait to celebrate with her a little bit!

7.  My dear friend is moving 2,000 miles away.  Sigh.  I don't know what I'm going to do without her.

Hmmm... I think that is all for now.  Thanks for letting me share what is currently on my heart.  I hope to be back soon with some pictures of scrapbook layouts.  Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. hi, i found your blog through stephanie's. do you homeschool? i too have had enough of winter. if you check out my blog i apologize in advance for any bad lauguage you encounter there. :) keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured out that I can comment on your comment. Please see the comment below. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm OVER winter, too. Sigh. And what a gentle and kind spirit you are. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! What is the weather in Italy like right now? I've only been there in the summer, and it was hot!

      Delete
  3. Hi Bev! It's funny that you should ask about homeschooling because I don't do it currently but I've been thinking about it. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sweet that you were able to comfort your son which solved the problem! I can't wait to see your new scrap space and pages!

    ReplyDelete